Setting up Developer Environment
- Register developer account at https://developer.salesforce.com/
- You can login your org from http://www.salesforce.com/
- Install Salesforce IDE for eclipse https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation
Understand the different Salesforce Environment
CI and team development with Salesforce
Deployment is a one-way transaction
There is no easy way to roll back changes deployed in Production. As documented here . It is another reason we should look at the next support level. A change set is deployed in a single transaction. If the deployment is unable to complete for any reason, the entire transaction is rolled back. After a deployment completes successfully, all changes are committed to your organization and the deployment can’t be rolled back.
Salesforce known issues
- Search for Dreamforce from YouTube , Dreamforce is the salesforce conference , like the Teched in Microsoft.
- Pluralsight offer some good developer training
- cbtnuggets offers Power user training
- Beginner Tutorials
Documentations from Salesforce