Setting up Developer Environment
- Register developer account at https://developer.salesforce.com/
- You can login your org from http://www.salesforce.com/
- Install Salesforce IDE for eclipse https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation
Understand the different Salesforce Environment
CI and team development with Salesforce
Deployment is a one-way transaction
There is no easy way to roll back changes deployed in Production. As documented here . It is another reason we should look at the next support level. A change set is deployed in a single transaction. If the deployment is unable to complete for any reason, the entire transaction is rolled back. After a deployment completes successfully, all changes are committed to your organization and the deployment can’t be rolled back.
Salesforce known issues
- Search for Dreamforce from YouTube , Dreamforce is the salesforce conference , like the Teched in Microsoft.
- Pluralsight offer some good developer training
- cbtnuggets offers Power user training
- Beginner Tutorials
Documentations from Salesforce
- Create Deployment connection
- Enable the inbound change set settings on the destination Environment you would like to deploy the solution to.
- Enable the outbound change set settings on the source Environment where you package your application.
- The best practice is to Package everything in the changeset and salesforce will only deploy the change into your destination environment. If you only package the change, you could miss some of the changes.
- You can clone the change set on the source destination however the initial packaging takes some time as you need to go through everything and select the components manually.
- After the change set is packaged, you need to upload the chagneset so that destination environment can see the change set in its incoming change set list.
- Click Validate the change set before deployment.