In SharePoint2013, you can use call web service action and loop. In this post, I will show you how to achieve this.
1. Create a List workflow called CallWebService
2. Create a variable called listurl and assign the value to http://sp2010/_vti_bin/listdata.svc
3. Create a dictionary variable called RequestHeaders and add the following key value pairs.
4. Call the web service with the HttpHeaders you just build in the previous step and store the response in the variable ResponseContent.
5. The ResponseContent variable is the Dynamic values (in SharePoint designer it will be called dictionary type) and it is new feature for SharePoint2013 workflow. We can use the following actions to count the number items in the variable.
6. You can use loop in SharePoint 2013 workflow and out each list title as shown below.
How to fix “The requested service, ‘net.pipe://localhost/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/appsts.svc’ could not be activated.”
When I try to publish a SharePoint2013 workflow, I received the error:
The requested service, ‘net.pipe://localhost/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/appsts.svc’ could not be activated.
After that, my workflow stopped working and every time I start a work I receive the following error message:
System.ApplicationException: PreconditionFailed ---> System.ApplicationException: Error in the application. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)
After analysis, I found the error by visiting the http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc and the error I got on the message is
The solution is basically getting more memory to the server. For development environment, you can restart your noderunner.exe or some other services to release some memories. To verify you have enough memory you can browse to http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc , it should return the information below. Then you can republish your workflow and it will work like a charm.
How to fix “Add Host to Workflow Farm problem” when installing Windows Azure Workflow in SharePoint2013 Preview
When I try to configure the windows Azure workflow in SharePoint2013 preview, I got the following error see screenshot below. Detailed log can be found here.
I asked the question in SharePoint StackExchange , Rajat’s help me to fix the problem .The solution for this is quite simple, instead of using the short form for your RunAs account, you should use the fully qualified name. So change administrator@YBBEST to administrator@YBBEST.COM
make the problem go away as shown below.
Additional problems you may face:
1.You also need to create an App Management Service application and make sure App Management Service is started as shown below,otherwise you can not publish your SharePoint2013 workflow.
Having other problems , check out AC’S blog on trouble-shooting the installation.