Create a “Save and Create New Item” functionality in InfoPath2010
Recently, I got a requirement to create a button on the InfoPath2010 form that save the current item and then open a new form so that they can add another item. To do so in InfoPath2010 is quite easy, here are the steps:
1. Drop a button at the bottom of the form and label it as save and add another Item
2. Right-click the button and select Button Properties.
3. Select Submit from the Action dropdown list.
4. Click the Submit Options and click the Advanced button.
5. Select “Open a new form” from the “after submit” dropdown list.
6. Republish your form, it works like a charm. This option is also available from the form submit options for the Save button in the ribbon.