Random notes from Code Camp New Zealand SharePoint2010 track
- SharePoint is not only a product by also how your organisation works.
- When installing SharePoint, you need to use SQL Alias, this happen to appear multiple times in different sessions.
- If you do not know which version of SharePoint to use, you should use standard version. Because you can always go from standard to enterprise but not the other way.
- When changing the title field in code using SharePoint object model, you need to change 3 places: Title, LinkTitle, LinkTitleNoMenu.
- One of the first things you need to test for you feature is to de-activate your feature and activate your feature again to see everything is still working. This is to make sure in your feature de-activate event handler, all the resources and configurations have been cleaned up properly, make sure no reactivate bugs.
- When you add a DNS entry, you need to use A RECORD not CNAME, this is because if you want to use Kerberos, it will work for A-records only.